Do your Toddler and Kids still Bedwetting? Bedwetting is the most common problem faced by the kids, in their childhood. Just like any other challenge, this is one of them which most parents need to tactical during their child grown-up days. And, it’s not as tough as we thought.
It’s very important for parents to tactical this issue very calmly and approaches the ways which are effective. Children from the age group 4 to 14 years, go through this problem and this the age where they are aware of everything going in their life. And, bedwetting can build an inferiority complex and frustration in them.
Every child has a different thinking process and the ways to handle them. Maybe your child is smart enough to tactical this problem with ease and comfort, but what if your child is of shy nature or gets embarrassed soon. Therefore, it’s crucial for parents to deal with this situation smartly and with a positive parenting approach so that their child’s self-esteem and confidence do not get affected.
Therefore, we have tried to pinpoint the effective ways, by which you can try to come out from this situation.
WHAT NOT TO DO
- Don’t scold or scream on your child.
- Stop your family members and siblings from making fun of his situation of bedwetting.
- Try not to make this the biggest situation or problem in your life.
- Parents must remember that if they don’t tactical the situation in the right manner then it can have a significant psychological impact on your child.
- Don’t follow any punishment theory, as it will not work at all.
- Just don’t jump over the idea of a sleepover at a friend’s house. As sometimes it can work or other hands it can make your child embarrassed and shameful at his friend’s house. This is your child’s personal problem which does not need people’s attention.
How to Support your child overcome Bedwetting?
1) First of all, parents need to have patience while dealing with their child bedwetting issues. Your approach can make your child overcome this issue within no time. But, unfortunate some parents do not understand their child’s behavior and handle the things in the weirdest ways. Due to which your child takes many years to come out of this situation. Therefore, patience is the first key to use and win over your child bedwetting problem.
2) Parent’s emotional and psychological support can make a lot of difference at an early age.
3) Talk to your child and explain to him or her that it’s very natural and many children go through this problem in their childhood and together we can overcome this. Your positive parenting approach can build confidence in your child.
4) Share your childhood stories of bedwetting with your child, it does not matter whether you have one of them or not. Just give them explain of yours or any other family members so that they don’t feel embarrassed in front of anyone.
5) Ask your child to use the washroom every day in the night before going off to Bed.
6) Tell your child not to drink lots of water after dinner time. He or She should avoid drinking water or any kind of beverage for around one to two hours before going to bed.
7) Actually, what happened when a child is in deep sleep, he/she is not aware of her bladder requirement for emptiness. And, during the sleeping child pees without knowing it. Therefore, we suggest you identify or Make some signs with you, which can help you and him during the midnight to understand that he needs to go washroom.
8) Maybe you can pick up a particular time at midnight, wake up your child and took him/her to the washroom. Slowly and slowly your child will adopt this pattern and feel more comfortable.
First of all, Parents must try to Change their Child Lifestyle and adopt some Home Remedies for a while. If in case, all your efforts are not showing any improvement in your child ‘s bedwetting behavior then you can consider consulting your child’s pediatrician for help.