Understand your Menstrual Cycle
- The menstrual cycle is to prepare the body for pregnancy.
- The menstrual cycle is counted from the first day of a period to the day before the start of the next period.
- The average length of the menstrual cycle is around 28 days, it may vary from woman to woman.
- It has been seen that some women have longer cycles till 35 days and some short cycles of 21 days. It depends upon the rise and fall of levels of hormones during the menstrual cycle.
5 Ways to Identify your Most Fertile Time for Pregnancy
1 # Try on the Right Day (Ovulation Period)
Ovulation usually happens around 10-16 days before the starting of your next period (menstrual cycle). Regardless of how long or short, it is your cycle. This is the period when a mature egg is released from the ovary and entry into the Fallopian Tube and is ready to be fertilized.
Ovulation triggers the production of a hormone known as Progesterone. Progesterone is a hormone (steroid) that helps in preparing the Lining of the uterus and ensuring that it is thick and full of nutrients so that a fertilized egg can implant into it.
The First Egg is released within 24 hours after Ovulation. The released egg lives are about 12 to 24 hours, after leaving the ovary. In case more than 1 Egg is fertilized during this process and it will end up in multiple pregnancies. Once the egg is fertilized it will travel to the uterus and implant to develop into Pregnancy.
If during the Ovulation period, the egg does not get fertilized, then the uterine lining is shed through the menstruation period. And you’ve to wait for your other cycle.
2 # Make a Note of your Fertile Days – In a Diary or Calendar
The Most Fertile period during your Ovulation time is 10 – 16 days before your next period. Married Couples who are planning for a baby, must try during this period. The chances of pregnancy are higher during your Ovulation Days. But the question is that many women do not know when they are Ovulating.
One of the best ways to predict your Ovulation Days are by marking or writing on a Calender or in a Notebook. Every Woman has different cycles, due to which their Ovulation days may too vary. That’s, why many doctors advise women to track their Ovulation days for at least 3 months and make a note of the Ovulation Days.
Once you have data of your 3 months Ovulation Days, this will help you to predict or identify your most fertile days. If you want you can share and discuss your 3 months data with some good gynecologists.
3 # Can Use Ovulation Predictor Kit available in Market
To check your most fertile days, you can take the help of the Ovulation kit available near your home stores. It helps a woman to predict their most fertile days, even if their cycle lengths are variable or they are not able to calculate their days correctly.
- During the beginning and end of your menstrual cycle, the cervical mucus structure is sticky, creamy, and thick, which is an indication that it is not a good time to try for a baby.
- But, during the ovulation time, it becomes welter, slippery, and clearer, you can identify it as stretchy like raw egg white.
- In some cases, few women have little milky wetness during their ovulation period.
- To identify your most fertile time, you need to keep a track of your cervical mucus color, pattern, and structure.
5 # Track Your Basal Body Temperature
In the past, many women and doctors use this method/technique to identify their fertile days. Earlier, the people were not very educated about the other ways. In this process, you need to take your Basal body Temperature every morning before doing any other work. this should be your first priority to do after getting off the bed.
Your Basal Body Temperature will dip slightly before ovulation and rise afterward. The Most Fertile Days are the 2 or 3 days before your temperature rises. You can write down your everyday Basal Body Temperature in a notebook and after tracking the same for a few 3 to 4 months, you will easily be able to predict your ovulation days.
But, this process can play with your patience, but to have a beautiful baby in your hand, this much effort you can take. Good Luck!