Child Regression is a part of a Learning Process for Parents, it will challenge their Patients. Parenting Styles and Techniques have been changed a lot. Parents have become more Responsible, Focused, and Attached to their Kids.
It is a never-ending learning process for parents. Once the baby is born the parents struggle to give them perfect life starts. Every parent wants the best things for their child but parenting is the roller roster, which keeps on teaching them ups and downs.
Now, lets us discuss how to deal with your Child’s Regression. What steps you should take to give the smooth transitions.
Regressions are something that will keep coming and going from your Child’s Life and it’s very common in Growing Toddlers. The process of learning and exploring new things every day can trigger your Child’s Regressions behavior.
The first few signs that will affect your child’s routine are their sleeping and eating patterns.
Tips to Deal with Your Child Regression
- It is very important for Toddler parents, to make their child aware of the coming changes in their life. For example, if you’re toddler is ready for playschool, then you should start talking to them about the advantages of going to playschool/preschool.
Make them understand that they will find more friends over there and will get lots of new toys to play with. As a parent, we are aware of all this, but to handle your child regressions, it will be a good idea to introduce them beforehand with new challenges.
- Show your child some playschool and kids activity and games on youtube or through pictures. Their brain will start adapting to the new changes and once they reach playschool, they will feel more comfortable and will get adjust easily with others kids. In this manner, parents are advised to speak or discuss all the new changes beforehand with their toddler, to tactical their aggressions and tantrums.
- Give them a safe atmosphere and support.
- Don’t overreact or get angry during their regressions phase. Try to behave as nothing has happened, and calm down your child.
- Keep on appreciating their learning process and work.
- Try Imaginative Play and Symbolic Play which help in developing their thinking and ideas process.
Show your support to them during their struggle process, socially and emotionally.
- Playing with your child will help you to understand his current stay of mind. And accordingly, you can react or handle the situation.
- Spend time with your child, talk to them, sit with them and play with them, your time and love can make a big difference.
- Notice their behavior change, and handle them patiently.
- Listening to them and communicating with them is very important.
- Show full confidence in your child.
- Keep an Eye on Your Child’s Friends and Circle, in case someone is bullying them, or felt left out or isolated are some regressive behavior.
- Make their full day routine, a happy day. Mange their sleeping time and feeding time well, make it enjoyable.
- Physical activities and playing outside is very important for every child’s growth and development. Playing is the best medicine to handle your child’s regressions.