It is very common for Pregnant Women to experience Heartburn at some point in their Pregnancy. And, especially during the Second and Third Trimester and for First-Time Moms.
Your Diet, Lifestyle, Medications, can be a trigger for your Heartburn during Pregnancy. Some women feel extremely uncomfortable and approx 30 to 40% of women go through this experience.
Therefore, it’s necessary for pregnant women to follow the below tips on a regular basis, and follow a healthy eating pattern and lifestyle throughout their pregnancy.
10 Tips for Easing Heartburn During Pregnancy
- Avoid spicy foods, high-fat foods, chocolate, Acidic foods and juices, alcohol, and coffee.
- Have frequent meals on regular basis.
- Eat-in small sections.
- Add low-fat milk to your diet and always take one glass of milk every day.
- If you’re a smoker then avoid it totally, as smoking will make heartburn worse.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything before you go to bed.
- Keep upright, particularly during and just after eating.
- Sleeping in a proper position is extremely important, as gravity will help keep your stomach acids where they should be and aid your digestion.
- Make a list of foods that trigger heartburn.
- Follow the physical activities at home and let your food digest on its own.