Do you know How to Treat Skin Burns in Babies and Toddlers at Home? Are you scared of burning? I think we all are, at some point in time in our lives we have experienced it. When it’s come to the safety of your child, parents can do anything to protect them.
When my niece was 1.5 years old she burned her leg during the process of puja at home. Everyone was worried and start looking for treatment/medicine. Normally we have seen lots of scenes in movies but when we experience the same with us then we all get scared and forget how to do it.
How to Treat Skin Burns at Home
- Apply the Running Water to the burn area and keep it for some time.
- Running tap water will not let the tissue get more damage and also help in reducing the pain.
- In case some cloth is attached to burn area then slowly remove and take it to hospital
- If its a small burn then applying below –
1# Silver sulfadiazine cream (two or three times per day)
2# Aloe Vera Gel
4# Coconut Oil
- Give the painkillers to babies to reduce the pain but in case you have never given the medication before, please call your child’s doctor or pediatrician
How to Take Care of Your Child after Skin Burns
- Give plenty of water to drink.
- Give toddlers to eat foods that contain proteins so that they can help the wound to heal.
- Maintain hygiene at home
- Keep the dressing clean and change it as required
- Itching: By soft hand give a light cream massage on the skin burns area to give relief to toddlers.
What Not To Do
- Don’t put the ice or cold water or cold pack on it
- No bandage
- Don’t cover the burn area with a cloth or non-sterile items, as it can lead to infection.