Learn how to treat Heat Stroke in Toddlers at Home. Few tips can help you in saving your toddler’s life, as if heat stroke left untreated it can be life-threatening. A heat stroke needs immediate attention and treatment.
Below are few Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Reason why would a toddler or child have a stroke?
A) Heat Stroke is caused due to overheating if the human body is exposed to unusually high temperature for a prolonged period. The onset of heatstroke can be sudden, and the child may lose consciousness less than a minute.
Q) How long does it take to recover from a heat stroke?
A) It will take 1 or 2 days in case of minor and complete recovery can about 1 month.
Signs and Symptoms of Heat Stroke
Headache and Dizziness
Raised body temperature (over 104 degrees Fahrenheit)
Poor level of response
Hot, flush skin
Red Hot Face
How to Treat Heat Stroke in Toddlers
Step 1 – Make the Kid-comfortable :
– Move him to a cool place (Lay him down)
– Remove all his extra clothes
– Give him to drink cool fluids containing salt and sugar like nimbu pani
Step 2 – Cool Him Down
– Drape a cold towel or cloth over the kid body. Sprinkle the water on this body to keep him wet.
– OR you can sponge him with cold water or fan him with cold air.
– keep cooling his body until his temperature drops to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 3 – Monitor His Health
– Until the kid temperature has fallen to 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit
– In case his temperature rises, again and again, call your doctor for help or take him to hospital
– Keep monitoring his condition until you received medical help.
NOTE: If the kid loses consciousness, open his airway and check his breathing and be prepared to begin resuscitation.