Does your Child Love Eating Tomatoes? How Many Tomatoes are you feeding to your Child Per Day? Have you ever heard that Feeding excess tomatoes to children can be harmful and may have long time side effects on their health?
Most of the kids love Eating Tomatoes during their Early Childhood period. But, no one has ever told you that you should control the number of tomatoes you’re feeding to your baby and toddler every day.
Advantages of Feeding Tomatoes to Babies, Toddlers, & Big Kids
- Helps in Strengthening the Bones of kids as it is full of calcium and Vitamin K,
- It contains Antioxidants -vitamin C, vitamin A, and lycopene
- Help in preventing Heart Attacks, Strokes Later in Life
- Improve the Eyes Sight
- Control the growth of Cancer Cells (Anti-Carcinogenic)
- Preventing and Treating Anemia
Disadvantages of Feeding Tomatoes to Babies, Toddlers, & Big Kids
1 # Heart Burn/ Acid Reflux
We all know that Tomatoes have malic acid and citric acid reflux. This is the reason why many people who eat tomatoes too much have acidity/ gastric problems. Therefore, parents should avoid feeding too many tomatoes, especially not cooked. For example avoid giving in salads, burgers, sandwiches, etc.
Gastric is a problem that can trouble your child a lot during his or her teenage time. It’s never too early to monitor your child’s diet. Otherwise, they have to face problems like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
2 # Tomato Intolerance can create an Allergic Reaction
It’s always recommended before introducing any new food in their baby or toddler’s diet, parents must conduct a food safety test. Maybe your child has a tomato allergy, and still, you’re feeding him the same.
Click on Below Learning and Educational Videos, specially designed
for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids by Babymommytime:-
3 # Diarrhea
Kids who are allergic to tomatoes may also have Diarrhea problem, coz raw tomato carries the bacteria salmonella. Parents should strictly avoid feeding raw tomatoes to the kids when they are out of the house.
Below are the Few Tips for Parents:
- Do not keep the peeled, processed, or half-cut part of tomatoes in refrigerating, due to the risk of contracting salmonella infections. Always buy fresh tomatoes.
- Don’t buy damaged or bruised ones.
- Clean the tomatoes in running water, at the latest for 2 or 3 minutes before eating directly.
4 # Kidney Stones
Parents should refrain from feeding too many tomatoes to their children, as it can increase the risk of oxalate stones/ Kidney Stones. Tomato can be one reason behind the people having kidney stones, in their 30’s & 40’s. this is still that tomatoes are the reason behind the debatable formation of kidney stone, as it also has lots of health benefits. But, still, you should avoid feeding any kind of fruit or vegetable to your child in excess quantity.