In Our Grandmother’s stories, we have heard so many Nuska (Homemade Remedies) for Everything. One of the Most Heard and Effective Remedies for Babies Having Gas Problems is – Massage the Baby’s Navel with Hing.
It’s very difficult to understand the reason behind your Newborn Baby Crying Non-Stop at any time of the day or night. As a parent, we can understand the pain and irritation behind it.
Watching your baby go through pain is miserable. Now, let’s directly jump to the solution which will provide relief to the Baby.
Hing (Asafoetida) Benefits for Babies
- Provides Relief in Stomach Aches,
- Help in Proper Digestion,
- Asthma and whooping cough
- Anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties,
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
How to Make a Hing Paste
- Take a Small Pinch of Hing in a Bowl Mix it with lukewarm Plain Water, and make a Paste.
- Wait till the Hing is dissolved in the Water.
- Apply the Paste around the Baby’s Navel in the Clockwise Direction.
- Keep doing this for at least 15 to 20 minutes continuously.
- Keep the Naval Area wet with the Paste, take a few drops again and again.
- Don’t give the Massage on Dry Skin.
- Please don’t do too much inside the Navel.
- Try to make your Baby Sleep during the Massage.
- Put the Light off, and make the Room Atmosphere Quiet.
- Give the massage with the Hing Paste twice a day for 2 more days.
- Some People mix the Hing with a small teaspoon of ghee and heated it to make a paste.
- Apply the paste when it’s at room temperature around the Navel.
- Follow the above other steps from 3 to 10 for the best result.
- Some people use the cotton ball for applying the paste but this will only help in keeping your hands clean.
- For effective results, please use your hand with two middle fingers to give the clockwise massage.
- First clean your hands with soap and then take a few drops of paste and follow the above instructions.
Hope this will help the Baby.