Since Birth, Baby’s Digestive System is in the Stage of Developing and they are not Ready to Digest any Solid Food Substances. Their tummy is only ready to accept their Mother’s Milk (Breast Milk). Due to the sensitive digestive system, parents need to be more careful while feeding them.
Digestive System plays a very important role in Child Growth and Development since the beginning. We need to develop Healthy Food Habits in our Children for good Long-Term Immunity, which will help them to Grow Healthy.
Parents got a panic attack when their child is crying excessively and they are not able to find the exact reason behind it. There can be many reasons behind your Baby and Toddler’s excessive gas, stomach, bellyache, headache, indigestion and bloating, etc.
It’s always difficult to figure out the exact reason behind your child upset tummy or cranky mood. Hence, we cannot sit and let our child crying long the time. You need to figure out the exact reasons and Symptoms behind your Baby and Toddlers Stomach Pain and provide the immediately Home Remedy for the Instant Relief.
Parents should always consider giving home remedies for instant relief to their child and once the child got little lit relaxed, according to the situation you have to take the discussion. Whether your child is fine now or you need to visit your child doctor.
But, the most important thing for Parents here is to understand them:-
> Symptoms of the Stomach Ache and Stomach Pain in Babies and Toddlers.
> Reasons and Cause of the Stomach / Belly Pain
> What kind of Home treatment Parents should give in case of stomach pain and ache in Babies and Toddlers
Symptoms of Stomach Pain
- One of the most common symptoms would be your Child Continuously Cries and that too more than the usual time.
- If your toddler, complains of having irregular stomach pain, especially after having the Feeding Time, and it could be a symptom of Gastric problems.
- Excess gas (flatulence)
- Vomiting after the feeding time within one or two hours
- Urinary problems
Reasons for the Stomach Pain in Babies and Toddlers
1 # Colic
Colic means when a healthy baby is crying more than the usual time without any specific reasons. Generally, the colic problem is related to the first 3 months of babies after birth.
- Excessive Crying
- Irritation during Passing the Gas
- Moving his legs a lot and crying at the same time.
- A child can be Allergy to Milk Products
- Lactose intolerance especially is Breastfeeding Babies
- It can be a reaction from a Mother’s Food Diet and it affects the breastfeeding babies more.
- Swaddle the baby in the blanket.
- Give him/her a full body massage
- For instant relief, out a little warm water bottle on baby and toddler tummy area (belly area)
- Gently Rub his Back & Put him across your Lap
- Try the Pacifier
2 # Gastric Problem
The most common cause of stomach in babies and toddlers, and max time it happened due to the indigestion problem. Some Babies & toddlers digestive system is sensitive to some food items, due to which they developed gastric problems.
- Abdominal Bloating.
- Abdominal Pain.
- Crying while Passing Gas
- Sensitive to certain food items
- Not able to digest the mother milk
- Some time Teething can be a cause of gas in toddlers
- Swallowing air while eating and drinking
- Give a Burp to a Baby after Breastfeed or Normal Feed.
- Applying Hing paste on the naval area effectively relieves the abdominal pain of baby and toddler.
- Give two tablespoons of Gripe Water
- Avoid giving spicy food
- Give Baby a Good Tummy Time during playtime, so that the child can pass the gas.
3 # Constipation
Constipation refers to bowel movements and problems in passing the stool. Babies and toddlers are too small to explain their discomfort to the parents, therefore its parent’s duty to understand the correct Symptoms of their Child’s Problem and provide the right treatment.
- Hard or dry stool
- Painful stools
- Abdominal pain
- Bowel movements
- During early toilet training
- Less liquid consumption
- Change in child diet
- Not doing poop for 2 or 3 days
- Milk allergy or intolerance
- Don’t feed milk product to your child for 48 hours, until the child pain is gone
- In case your child is on toilet training, stop for a meanwhile.
- Give 1 or 2 teaspoons of prune and pear juice
- If your child is on bottle feed than parents should consider changing the brand. And especially if the child is going through the same problem again and again.
4 # Food Allergy
It can occur from an allergic reaction from a particular food, which is harmful to a child’s immune system. Food allergic is a very common problem these days and whether its kids and adults both need to take lots of precautions before eating and selected certain foods
- Bad Immune System
- A child can be allergic to milk products
- Stale food, feeding your baby stale food is a bad choice, parents should always consider giving fresh food to their children’s.
- Many people are allergic to food products related to Eggs, Soy, Wheat, Peanuts and Shellfish. Before adding these food items in your child’s diet, please do the testing part.
There is no cure for food allergic, only doctor prescription or medicine can help.
5 # Reflux
Reflux means Heartburn Problems in Babies and Toddlers. Yes, it can happen to Babies and Toddlers too and the reason behind is due to Digestive Disorder.
- Cough and wheezing
- Fever more than 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wrong breastfeeding position to babies
- Immature digestive system
- 2 tablespoon of gripe water
- Avoid carbonated beverages and spicy food
- Divide your child meals into small sections, and stop feeding him anything before 2 or 3 hours bedtime
- Give Proper burp to your child.
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂
DO subscribe to get latest updates